Sunday, August 18, 2013

Damn Technology!



Damn Technology.

“George, are you ok?  Is that blood on your shirt?” the concierge was asking me.
“Here you go, next time don’t forget your keys.  Are you sure you don’t want me to help you? there is no electricity, you sure you can walk up to the 4th floor?”  he added as he was opening the gate for me.
It was 3:00 AM when I reached home.

3:30 AM
“Open the door George” people were screaming at my door.
I realized that it was the end. They’re here to kill me.
I stepped forward to my balcony, I stood at its edge and I jumped.
Farewell.

3 days later
“Thank God you’re alright” I heard a voice telling me, “Doctors said that you will recover fast and …”
My head is heavy and I think I’m losing consciousness.
But what is this that I see?
It’s a woman dressed in black, yes, I remember her, she was with me in the.., Ggggodddd!!!! now I remember.

3 days earlier at 6:00 PM
“Dude I sent her a DM and she replied: Come, Hamra at 8:00 pm, surprise me!” I was reading to my friend from my twitter account.  “I can’t believe how easy it was, just a ‘hi’ man, just a ‘hi!”

I entered the pub and she was sitting there.
She is completely different than the avatar she has on her profile, yet she wants me badly, she said so, right?!
She wants a surprise? I will give her one.
I walked across the pub, came near her, hugged her from behind and kissed her neck.
Then to be “romantic”, I let my lips meet hers.

I remember being hit badly and some people telling me that they will kill me while I was running away from the pub back home.

At the hospital
“Why did you come to the hospital?  Why are you here?  They will kill me if they know you’re here”  I woke up and she was there sitting next to the bed.

“Well, no one will kill you George, but I’m here to tell you that we are sorry.” she said while smiling,
“You know when I invited you; we were celebrating my return from my honeymoon so I invited you to be part of this surprise” she added, “didn't you read my previous tweets?
She took a deep breath and continued;
“But, as your home location was pinned on foursquare, me and my friends including my husband came to apologize to you before going home and amazingly the concierge was awake and guided us to your apartment, but next thing we knew, you were on the sideway full of blood.”



The internet was slow; previous DMs didn't load .Damn Technology in Lebanon.

No comments:

Post a Comment