Sunday, March 20, 2011

Yellow Roses



I just woke up and I’m running late to meet my mom.
I still haven’t gotten her favorite bouquet - yellow roses!  I hope the florist hasn’t run out yet.
I don’t want to be late, I don’t like to keep her waiting or for her to think I may not pass by.
After all, it’s Mother’s Day today.  

I pulled up to the parking lot and parked my car in the shade of a pine tree; I love nature just as much as she does.  The beautiful smell of roses filled the air as it swayed from one breeze to another.  The cool draft of those huge trees gives me chills each time I stand at this gate, waiting to meet my mom for an update chat, just me and her, alone.

I walked in; passing the many designated zones and hurried my way in, carrying my bouquet of yellow roses.  People there gathering, all well dressed, talking to their loved ones , some with laughter and some with tears.  With each step I was wondering how we can miss the beauty of this place with all the wild flowers and fresh green all around.

And as I stood there looking at her, holding on to the yellow roses, it was time to kneel down, place them near her name plate and begin my visit.


Cherish every second with your mothers, life is too short.
Happy Mother’s Day..

No comments:

Post a Comment