Sunday, March 20, 2011

The Cabbage Story


“Mommy, I want to read the poem I wrote for you at school” my son said to me the second he entered home.
I like mother’s day, it is the day I really feel that I did something different in my life.

“I love you, because you brought me to this world, I love you because you ….” He was chanting for 10 minutes. Then he stopped, looked at me and asked “Mommy, how did you bring me to this world?”  

The famous question, and I was totally prepared for this, every child will have the curiosity to know. This time no cabbages are in the story, no birds, and definitely no ‘I found you near the door’ fairy tale, I prepared the answer of truth and only the truth.

“Come sweetie“ I hugged him and took him to the living room.
“Listen, do you remember when you were crying because you heard your father screaming in the bedroom?  It was the night your father traveled to work, you remember?” I asked.  I bet he remembers because he hasn’t seen his father since, so he nodded.

As for the screaming, well…you know the first year of marriage women scream and men concentrate to make it last, after 5 years, men scream and women concentrate to finish fast.

“Ok, so your father was not hurt, but I was doing things to him that pushed him to scream, and eventually this is the way you came to this world” I was saying while I was confused, and he was giving me a weird look. So to make him feel better I said “ok, put your hand on mommy’s belly, this is where you came from.”
“But here is the place where food goes, you told me this!” he said in shock, hit me, and ran screaming to his room “Mommy ate Daddy, Mommy ate Daddy “

On Mother’s Day, I think cabbage stories are the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment