Sunday, April 3, 2011

The Riddle is Solved!



“I’m tired , I smell and I have a headache after 9 hours of flight, sitting near a family that have the most annoying kid, he has been crying all ….” my foreign friend began saying the moment she reached the airport.

Ok Laura, here’s a riddle for you :
“How do you know Lebanese kids and moms at international airports and in airplanes?”
“Kids will be dragging the maid, running around while mommies chat and laugh with loud voices.”
“Amazingly true!” she replied.    

While driving home, “In Lebanon we have everything…” I continued telling her, sea near mountain, etc. but she was staring at the street.

“Why do all people walk in the street and the sidewalk is empty?!?!!!” she suddenly asked
“Tough riddle my friend” I laughed.

2 days later

“I want you to meet Rabih, I met him today” She told me.

She spent the whole day out, while I knew nothing about where she was and there she walks in with this new ‘boyfriend’ I guess, with wounds all over.

“Are you Ok?” I asked

“The funniest thing happened, I was walking and I saw a handsome man coming towards me, we were both walking on street near the sidewalk, and suddenly a car hit us….” She was telling the story while hugging him, then added “we woke up one over the other in the middle of street, this is how we met, we think it’s destiny.”

Cupid is violent around here, riddle solved.


No comments:

Post a Comment